In light of the recent lifting of various COVID-19 restrictions in the State of Maryland, we have updated our health and safety policies.
We continue to track public health guidelines and will make changes accordingly.
CCAC Procedures and Policies for Health and Safety
- Daily sanitization of staff offices, lobby, galleries, and restrooms with more frequent sanitization based on level of attendance.
- A ULV fogging machine will sanitize all seats, armrests, railings, and handles in the theatre and lobby after events.
- Careful sanitization of backstage area, stage, and technical equipment after events.
Screening and Sanitization
- Face masks are not required to enter the Arts Center for those who are fully vaccinated. Those who are unvaccinated or feeling unwell are encouraged to continue wearing a face mask inside the building.
- All performers will complete a COVID19 screening questionnaire before their scheduled performance.
- Ticket holders will be emailed a CDC-approved wellness self-assessment before the performance. We’ll have liberal exchange and refund policies for ticket holders who are unable to responsibly attend.
- Hand sanitization stations will be in multiple locations throughout the building.
- Staff and volunteers will receive additional regular training to administer safe COVID19 plans.
- There will be designated entry/exit points and one-way traffic in certain areas.
- Enhanced signage will be visible throughout the building reminding visitors of social distancing and our other health policies.
- Outside food or drink is still not permitted in the theatre except for personal water bottles.
- Staff and volunteers handling concessions at events will be wearing face masks.
- A newly installed HVAC system is improving air flow throughout the building (including the theatre).
Ticketing and Seating
- For best health practices, guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online and to use paperless tickets when possible.
- Patrons can seat themselves in the theatre at their own discretion. Social distancing is recommended.
Known Exposure of COVID-19
- In the event of known staff/volunteer/audience exposure:
- affected staff/volunteer will self-quarantine for 14 days and/or seek medical assistance
- additional staff will receive COVID19 test if on premises with affected individual
- contact information for audience members will granted to public health authorities
- CCAC will remain closed to the public until sufficient staff are proved COVID19-negative
- CCAC will administer thorough re-sanitization of building before reopening