Ever wanted to get to know the survivalists behind Discovery Channel’s hit show Naked and Afraid? This could be your chance!
Gabby Balassone and Ky Furneaux are hosting an exclusive screening of episodes 5 and 6 (the finale) of “Naked and Afraid XL: Frozen”—complete with a Meet & Greet, Q & A Session, book and photo signing. Naked and Afraid XL: Frozen follows four teams of elite survivalists as they put their primitive survival skills to the ultimate test in the frozen Rocky Mountains of Montana. The survivalists face brutal temperatures, extreme terrains, and dangerous predators.
Background on Ky and Gabby:
Australian Survivalist, Author, and internationally acclaimed Stunt Performer, Ky Furneaux, has been featured on four Naked and Afraid challenges in some of the most extreme locations in the world. She competed on Ed Stafford’s First Man Out and co-hosted her own short series about surviving off the grid in the Outback of Australia (Outback Lockdown). Ky is also the first female to write a comprehensive survival guide. She has authored:
· Girl’s Own Survival Guide (2014)
· Survive: The All-In-One Guide to Staying Alive in Extreme Conditions (Bushcraft, Wilderness, Outdoors, Camping, Hiking, Orienteering) – scheduled for release on August 16
· When the Grid Fails: Easy Action Steps When Facing Urban and Natural Disasters – scheduled for release on October 4, 2022.
· FIRE: The Complete Guide for Home, Hearth, Camping & Wilderness Survival (Co-Author: J. Scott Donahue)
Gabby Balassone is an Attorney and mother of three with passions for wildlife and primitive survival. She has lived most of her life in Carroll County and currently resides on the outskirts of Westminster. Gabby currently serves as Corporate General Counsel for a defense contractor and spends her evenings and weekends exploring the outdoors with her family. Gabby has been featured on four Naked and Afraid challenges in a variety of inhospitable conditions first as a fan of the show and now as an experienced survivalist.
What to Expect:
· Doors Open at 2:30 – Ky and Gabby will be available for photos and a Meet & Greet
· Episode 5 begins at 3:00
· 10-minute Intermission
· Episode 6 begins at 4:00
· 4:45 – Gabby and Ky will be available to answer questions, take photos, etc.
· 5:30 – Event concludes
Food, books, and merchandise will be available for purchase. Tickets are free and can be reserved through the link below.
However, donations will be accepted at the door to benefit Charlotte’s Quest Nature Center ($5 donation/pp is suggested but not required). Charlotte’s Quest will receive 100% of proceeds from donations.
** This event is not sponsored by the Discovery Channel **