Carroll County Arts Council Membership Carroll County Arts Council Membership

CCAC's Coronavirus statement and Event Updates
Read More ...

Participate in PEEPshow the Prequel! An online-only preview exhibit
Read More ...

Art in the Park Vendor Registration Ooen Now
Read More ...

Frequently Asked Questions

Find helpful answers below by clicking on a question for full information.

Where is the Carroll Arts Center located?

In the former Carroll Theater at 91 West Main Street, Westminster MD, 21157.

Where can I park?

Parking is available on the streets, in the Babylon lot directly across Main Street, or in the Colonel Rosser lot 1/2 block east on Main Street. Street and lot parking is metered but times and cost vary. Covered parking is available in the parking garage on the corner of Green St. and Liberty St. Parking in the alleys directly next to and behind the Arts Center is private and should not be used by arts center patrons. Visit the City of Westminster for more information on Parking.

Do I have to be a member to visit the Arts Center?

No, we welcome everyone to visit. BUT, our members get lots of benefits including discounted prices for performances, films, bus trips, and classes. Become a CCAC member.

What opportunities are there for artists for exhibiting/displaying art?

CCAC has 2 spacious galleries and the Director’s Hall gallery, a Gift Shop, the annual Art in the Park Festival, and the Gallery of Gifts during the holidays. Please click here for more information on Exhibit Opportunities.

How do I get on your mailing list?

Members receive our newsletters and brochures by mail. Anyone can sign up here receive weekly emails about upcoming CCAC events.

Is there an admission charge for gallery exhibits?

No, gallery exhibits are free and open to the public.

How do I buy tickets online?

Tickets can be purchased online for most events with a credit card. Click here to go to our Upcoming Events page.

Do you offer group rates on tickets?

A 20% discount is extended to groups purchasing 20 or more tickets. Discounted group tickets must be arranged in advance at the Box Office or by phone and cannot be purchased online.

Do you have discounts for senior citizens and youth?

Most CCAC events have a discounted price for people 60 and older and those 25 and under. Please contact CCAC for more details./


Do you have food and beverages for sale during events?

Concessions are for sale before events and through intermission (when there is one). We sell water, soda, coffee, chips, candy, and popcorn. Also wine and beer depending on the type of event. Outside food and beverages are not permitted.

Are there places to eat nearby?
Can I get a refund if I miss my performance?

All ticket sales are final.

Is CCAC accessible to people with disabilities including hearing difficulties?

Yes, CCAC prides itself on maintaining a facility that is accessible to all. Please see our Accessibility page for specific information on seating and hearing impaired devices.

Do you have a dress code?

There is no dress code for events at CCAC unless specifically noted. Attire can range from business casual to jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers.

Are cameras allowed?

Yes and no. Photographs are allowed in our galleries, but most performers do not allow flash photography./


Where is the closest ATM?

At the Jiffy Mart gas station across Main Street from the Arts Center.

Can a group or an individual rent the Arts Center?

Yes. Priority is given to arts events that are open to the public (i.e. dance, drama, music, literary & visual arts.) Requests for use of the facility for any other non-arts purposes, public or private, including business seminars, parties, fundraisers, conferences, political or religious events, will require advance approval by the Arts Council’s Board of Directors. For more information and pricing about Facility Usage and Rental, please click here.

Where can I get tickets for other arts events in Carroll County?

The Arts Center box office occasionally sells tickets for events that are held at other venues in the community. Only cash or checks are accepted for these purchases.

How do I get to perform on stage at the Arts Center?

We have a theatre program that is only for children: Childrens’ Theatre Troupe. For adults, there are several local theatre groups that have opportunities for both adults and children: Cultural Directory.

Who decides what movies are screened at the Arts Center?

Film Lovers in Carroll County (FLICC) is the club that meets monthly to choose the movies for the Carroll Arts Center. All members of the CCAC may be members of FLICC. Suggestions are always welcome.

Do you offer private lessons?

No, we only offer group classes and workshops for children (Classes for Kids) and adults (Classes for Adults). You may find opportunities for private lessons in the Cultural Directory.

How will I know if an event/class has been cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather?

When possible we will post announcements on our website and/or Facebook page with that status of our events. You can also call the Arts Center at 410/848-7272. For classes, contact your instructor or check your email.



Phone: 410-848-7272   Email:

Flickr   Instagram   Pinterest   Twitter   Facebook   Email

Carroll County Arts Council: 91 West Main Street, Westminster, MD 21157
© Carroll County Arts Council | SITE MAP